RAM #KingoftheTurf Rules & Regulations - Calgary Roughnecks
2017 RAM 1500 TRUCK “KING OF THE TURF” CONTEST
THE RAM 1500 TRUCK KING OF THE TURF CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN ALBERTA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual (the “Contestant”) must:
- be a legal resident of the province of Alberta;
- be of the age of majority in Alberta or older at time of entry; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Employees of the Calgary Sports & Entertainment Corporation (Calgary Flames, Calgary Hitmen, Calgary Roughnecks, Calgary Stampeders); Bell Media (TSN); Chrysler Canada; and the Alberta Chrysler Dealer Advertising Association (collectively, the "Sponsors"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, member dealerships advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on the evening of Thursday, January 5, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on Friday, March 31, 2017, (the "Contest Period") after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER
(a) There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using any of the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(b) Limit of one entry per person per game during the Contest Period, if entering in person with the Ram promo team at Roughnecks games. In the case of multiple entries per game, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
(d) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize.
- Limit of one entry per person during the Contest Period, if entering via online submission. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
- In total sixteen (16) Contestants will qualify for the 2017 Ram 1500 Truck “King of the Turf” Contest. The sixteen (16) Contestants will be selected according to the following:
- Contestants will be randomly selected from online entries submitted on a tablet with the Ram Promo Team on the concourse through the Ram activation site during 2017 Calgary Roughnecks home games, as well as through online entries submitted via the www.calgaryroughnecks.com/RAM contesting page. The Contestants will be randomly selected from all entries recorded; and
ii) Included in the sixteen (16) contestants that will qualify for the 2017 Ram 1500 Truck “King of the Turf” Contest will be two (2) Contestants that will be randomly selected from the stands prior to the 2017 Ram 1500 Truck “King of the Turf” giveaway during the April 8th game versus the Buffalo Bandits.
- The “Contest Entry Form” may be submitted through the following methods:
- Complete an online entry with the Ram promo team on the concourse through the Ram activation site during 2017 Calgary Roughnecks home games via tablet.
ii) Online entry via the URL: www.calgaryroughnecks.com/RAM on their own personal device such as (but not limited to): laptop, mobile phone, electronic tablet, etc. The Contestants must complete each section of the contest entry form in detail.
- The Official Website for the 2017 Ram 1500 Truck “King of the Turf” Contest is www.calgaryroughnecks.com/RAM
- Grand Prizes. There is one (1) (“Grand Prize”) available to be won by the one (1) Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) consisting of:
- The Grand Prize has an approximate retail value of (MSRP) Fifty-Eight thousand Three Hundred and Five dollars ($58,305.00) CDN. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash.
- Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual prize value and stated approximate prize value, if any, and there is no cash alternative.
- Prizes will be awarded within thirty (30) days after the winners have been selected and notified, have correctly answered a mathematical skill testing question, and have acknowledged compliance with the Contest Rules and signed all required releases.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for all expenses relating to the prize including insurance, registration, license, travel to and from the location necessary to collect the prize, and any other expense not explicitly included in the prize description. The Grand Prize will not be awarded unless winner shows proof of having a valid driver’s license, and has satisfactory insurance.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assignedsubstituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. The Sponsors reserve the right, their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be awarded the actual 2017 Ram 1500 Truck that was exhibited at the Roughnecks home games and the various Roughnecks Community events. The Grand Prize Winner will pick up the vehicle at an Alberta Chrysler dealership or allocated Calgary location (as selected by the sponsor) in Calgary, Alberta at a future date. Travel to/from the dealership will be at the Grand Prize Winner’s expense.
5. FINALIST SELECTION
- Before being declared a finalist (“Finalist”), each potential Finalist will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question during a pre-arranged meeting or telephone call.
- Each Finalistmust consent to the Contest Sponsors’ use of his/her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement, and image for any publicity or promotional purposes, in all media, without remuneration, throughout the world in perpetuity.
- The sixteen (16) contestants must be present at the Calgary Roughnecks vs. the Buffalo Bandits game on April 8th at the Scotiabank Saddledome. Each Contestant will be required to come to the turf at half-time and participate in a final selection process to select the eventual winner. The details of the promotion will be provided to all contestants prior to the giveaway. All contestants are responsible for their own tickets and transportation to the Calgary Roughnecks vs. the Buffalo Bandits game on April 8th at the Scotiabank Saddledome.
- At halftime during the scheduled game between the Calgary Roughnecks vs. the Buffalo Bandits game on April 8th, all contestants will proceed to the turf to participate in an ‘Elimination Game’. There will be sixteen (16) boxes.Contestants will be randomly ordered from 1 to 16 to determine the box selection process. One by one, each contestant from 1 to 16 will select a box which will contain directions indicating whether to move forward in the contest or not. There will be four (4) boxes with keys. These four (4) contestants will advance to the RAM giveaway final. Four (4) vehicles will be displayed on the turf and will act as the boxes for the finals. Each contestant (4 in total), in a pre-determined and random order, will select a vehicle until the ‘winner’ is revealed. The contestant that selects the ‘winning vehicle’ will be declared the official winner of the 2017 RAM 1500 Truck Grand Prize.
- The confirmed Grand Prize Winner will receive the 2017 RAM 1500 Truck Grand Prize. Specific Rules and details on the “King of the Turf contest will be explained to all sixteen (16) contestants prior to the half-time intermission at the Calgary Roughnecks vs. the Buffalo Bandits game on April 8th at the Scotiabank Saddledome.
- The Grand Prize Winner and will be confirmed during half-time at the April 8th Calgary Roughnecks game against the Buffalo Bandits.
- Before being declared the Grand Prize Winner, the Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign a declaration form stating that he/she has read, understood, and complied with the rules and regulations of the Contest and that he/she accepts the prize as offered. The Grand Prize Winner will also be required to sign a Release form acknowledging the rights of the sponsors and their agents, to publish and broadcast, without further compensation, their name, address, photograph and statements.
6. RELEASE. Winners will be required to sign a release form (“Release”) that confirms Winner’s and Guests’: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Releasees from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion thereof. The executed Release must be returned within three (3) business days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Website, and/or CalgaryRoughnecks.com. The Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Contest or to modify the Contest rules at any time without notice.
8. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, or any CalgaryRoughecks.com website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any CalgaryRoughnecks.com property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE, CALGARYROUGHNECKS.COM OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners; and (ii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed above.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
11. TERMINATION. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
12. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
13. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.